Friday, February 16, 2007

Kids Say The FUNNIEST Things

I always enjoy reading my friend Tonya's posts over at The Kissack Chronicles because she puts down the funny things her kids do or say and I end up laughing for days.

These are some of my kids latest things...

We were lying in our bed with Judah and Thomas the other night. They were supposed to be going to sleep but they were wiggling around. Judah kept turning over. We told them to lay still. A few seconds later Thomas sat up and we told him to lay down. Then we asked him what was wrong and he said, "everyone is trying to bother me." well son, not everyone....
Where does he get the dramatics from? Anyone care to take a stab at it???

This morning I woke up to a sweet child saying, "Mom I pooped and there's poop on my shirt." A groggily opened my eyes and sat up. I looked at him and said something like, "you know, this just makes me want to go back to bed and not get up." I did get up, of course, and got my glasses. He was still standing in the living room where I told him to be still till I got back. I was getting the baby wipes when he said, "I just don't know what's going on with me today." I burst out laughing. It was too funny.

Judah said something profound the other day. He was taking care of his stuffed animals and apparently the monkey hit the frog, or something like that. Anyway, I said, "what are you doing?" and he said "Monkey hit the frog. I need to spank monkey so that he can be kind."
I think he may be getting the point finally. A wise friend of mine told me, years ago when we had Judah, that children may want to be good but you have to discipline the flesh and get the will to submit before you can see all the sweetness that they wanted to show all along. It reminded me of that when Judah said he had to spank him so he "could be" kind. Interesting.


Anyway, I will probably write more later. Right now I need to go hold a cranky baby whose snot is flowing...

BLESSINGS!- Angela :)

No comments: