Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sorry Andie

I told Andrea, A good friend who reads my blog daily, that this story would be on here tonight but since it's so late she probably won't get to read it till tomorrow; hence, the title of this entry...

Anyway, I have a funny story.

We started going to our current church sometime in October of last year. I didn't get involved in any ministry things there, including choir, because Michael has wanted me to concentrate on being a wife and mother for the last few years.

On Sunday I decided to ask the worship leader, Chris, if he had a revolving list of people for special music on Sundays and, if so, could I somehow get my name on the list. (Keep in mind that he's never heard me sing.) So, I approach him right before the second service and ask him. He says, "I do have a list", then slightly pauses and says, "Is that something you like to do?" He looks a little nervous but covers quite well with that question and it's all I can do not to burst out laughing. Being a musician myself I KNEW that what he really wanted to know was if I could sing. LOL (laugh out loud) I immediately put him at ease by saying, "yes, (it is something I like to do) and I have led worship in several churches." I noticed the immediate relief in his eyes and body language. He didn't have a pen to write down my name and he had to go lead worship for the service so he told me to call him on Monday and leave him a message. I ended up talking to him in person on Monday and we laughed together when I asked him if indeed he wanted to ask me if I knew how to sing. I asked him if he had people "audition" for him and he said sometimes but since I had led worship in other churches he would skip that step. Michael was joking with me later that he was going to go to Chris and tell him, "you'd better hear my wife sing before you let her do special music. We've been kicked out of churches because of the way she sings." LOL - Michael's such a hoot!!

This may be one of those stories where you "had to be there" but I thought it was pretty funny. Blessings!- Angela :)

1 comment:

Andie said...

Cute, Ang! Just wait until the church hears you :-) Have fun!!