Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Lesson in Flexibility

Those of you who know me well know that flexibility is NOT one of my gifts. However, I seem to be doing rather well today. (could it be the Bridegroom fast?-hhhmmmm) I had a wonderful list of certain chores to accomplish on certain days so that I could get everything done before Saturday with minimal stress. Well, Thomas throwing up all over the sleeping bag, pillow, clothes, etc he was laying on and in, put me way behind. (not to mention that the same night Judah wet, not one but TWO beds.-more laundry) So, I didn't let that bother me yesterday I just did something else. I rearranged. Imagine my surprise when I went to do the laundry today and the washer is having problems and is INOPERABLE!!! AAUUGGHH. Ok I didn't freak out but I am now 2 days and 6 loads behind. Someone is coming in the morning to fix it because Michael and I tried troubleshooting all day to no avail.
I REFUSE to go to the Laundromat because I won't put my laundry where someone else may have put their dirty clothes and also I get SO BORED there. It used to drive me NUTS in college to go. Anyway, it should hopefully be fixed tomorrow. Then I can catch up. Thankfully I just rearranged again today. Still on target really just not my original schedule.

Thomas said the sweetest thing to Michael last night. He crawled up in Michael's lap, leaned his beautiful face back and said, "Daddy, you're my best friend." Michael practically turned into a puddle on the couch. SO PRECIOUS!

I'm just waiting for one more package to come for Michael's party. It is being overnighted tonight and will be here tomorrow. I have everything else hidden. The kids and I are so excited. We ordered his cake from Dairy Queen today. The kids picked the design. Well they each put in a vote anyway. Judah liked one and Thomas like another. I thought both were good so I just held the pics up to Gideon and he smiled and grabbed for the one Judah picked. It's fitting in a cute way. Read the post birthday blog to find out more....Blessings and Sweet dreams!- Angela :)

No comments: