Friday, April 27, 2007

Shopping Experience

I took all three boys to K-mart today so that we could do 3 things. First, buy a present for a birthday party Judah is going to tomorrow. Second, look at the women's t-shirts on sale and see if any fit. Third, I needed a pair of sandals.
I usually don't clothes shop with all my children for several reason. #1- They loose patience with me taking so much time trying things on. #2- I loose patience with their impatience. #3- Gideon's screaming and their frustration does not make for a relaxing trip where I can see if something fits well enough to purchase it.
What do I mean by fits well enough. Well, if it's a shirt I first need to make sure it's high enough not to show my chest or my bra (very difficult to find one that covers this season though the shorts are longer) and then if it passes that test I bend over and see if it falls down or gaps etc etc. Usually by then the shirt will be eliminated. If it passes those tests I need to make sure it isn't tight in the back. I don't like any back fat showing. LOL I know, TMI. Then I need to raise my arms over my head to make sure it's long enough. etc etc.
With skirts and shorts I sit down, cross my legs, put my hands to my sides, bend WAY over, etc. to make sure it's modest. Usually I don't want to go through all the antics and just buy high cut shirts and long skirt but every so often I like to branch out.
The boys were cracking me up today. They kept saying "I like that one." or "I don't like that one." I kept pointing out that it showed my bra or my chest, etc. I tried one on that didn't show anything but it accented my chest. (I don't have a big chest) I was thinking about getting it when Judah said, "Mommy that one makes you look small (he meant big)." I looked again and decided that if my 5 year old thought it wasn't modest then I'd better take the hint. So, back it went. LOL
I did come away with several shirts. I even got one with writing on it. heehee (most of you know I generally don't wear printed t-shirts except Old Navy 4th of July ones) It's black and in glittery pink letters it says, "The Drama Begins Here". LOL I got that one to wear around Michael who thinks I'm such a drama queen. I may be but it has certainly served me well in almost every area of my life except my marriage. :):)
He's getting used to it. (mostly)
I did find sandals and the boys found toys for their friend's birthday party while I was looking for t-shirts. That worked out well. They had some summer toys across the aisle from the ladies section so I could see them and they could still look "by themselves". It also gave them something to do so they weren't too bored.
Speaking of bored, most of you are no doubt yawning by now so I will wrap this up with something funny. The boys and I really like the cini-minis at Burger King. So, since there is one next to K-mart and we are currently out of cereal I decided that we would stop there for breakfast before going over to K-mart. After we ate (cini-minis and coffee for me and cini-minis and chocolate milk for them) I was driving across the parking lot to find a spot when an awful thought hit me...
"I just gave my kids SUGAR and now I'm going to try to clothes shop and expect them not to be WILD!!- OOPS! Stupid Mommy moment. Most of you know that we DRASTICALLY limit sugar here (even juice) because my kids are wild enough without it. LOL
All in all it went better than I expected it to. Gid was an absolute angel. That was nice. He's usually very happy at home but he doesn't always like the store experiences.
Anyway, it's getting chaotic here so I need to go. BLESSINGS!- Angela :)

2 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

Glad to know some else has a difficult time finding modest clothes.

Anonymous said...

Angela, I was beginning to worry, there were no msg. on the blog. Your house is always clean. Believe me my house was never as clean as I liked it with seven children. Although it seemed like I was cleaning all the time. Michael could clean better and faster than me. Your right about playing with the boys and letting the cleaning go (at least for a little while). I know if you don't do it on a regular basis it seems it gets so far ahead you'll never catch up even if it's one day.
I need some new shoes and some summer pants but I just hate to try things on in the store. On the other hand I don't like returning things.Glad you found some you liked and sandals and the boys the toys they were looking for. I'd say it was a succesful shopping trip. Miss yo'all.