Thursday, May 24, 2007

FOUR years old, Awards night, A Good Week

Well, in that order:

Thomas turned 4 on Tues. WOW! I can't believe that he is four already! He woke me up at 6:45 am on Tues to ask if he could open his presents. We let him. It was funny. HE was bouncing around with all this energy and we were dragging ourselves out of bed. Then I took the boys to Walmart so that Thomas could spend his birthday money. We purchased a pool with money that my mom sent and tied it to the top of our van. LOL I'm sure I was a sight. I figured that everyone was HATING my GUTS but I just kept going 35 down our 55 mile per hour road and thinking to myself, "At least I'm faster than a tractor." I did pull over to the shoulder every time I got more than 3 cars behind me; which was a lot because hwy 17 is a busy road. :):) The really funny part was that when I turned onto 328 I got right in front of a tractor and was able to go the 2 1/2 miles to our road without a single car till the end because "We REALLY WERE faster than a tractor!" LOL LOL
The rest of the day was spent swimming in the pool, shooting water guns, and playing with battery operated bubble guns. We had pizza and birthday cake for dinner. Thomas constantly changes his mind about things so I didn't order a cake for him. Instead, he picked one out a Walmart while we were there. Usually I make them but Judah wanted a store one this year so I figured that Thomas would too. It was very creative actually. He picked out one of the variety cakes. It had 4 different quarter cakes on it. So Thomas had a Red Velvet, German Chocolate, Carrot, Chocolate Truffle cake. :):) It was great! Ironic too that his fourth birthday cake had four parts.
Awana Cubbies awards night was last night and I was SO PROUD of my boys. Judah actually finished 2 books this year so he got two awards. It was his idea. Thomas got his one year award. Also, I was video taping for Michael (because he was sick and couldn't come) and right in the middle of the program Thomas jumps up and says, "I gotta go pee!" You have to love those moments...and I got it on tape!! LOL
This week has been a good one. Feels great to be back on schedule and the boys are enjoying that too. God has been showing Himself strong in different areas of my life. He is really a wonderful God and I PRAISE HIM for His excellent care of us!!
Well gotta get some sleep. Blessings!

No comments: