Thursday, May 31, 2007

Powerhouse Learner

Judah is my powerhouse learner. He attacks school like everything else- with gusto. :):) He is also smart. He was flying through the Pre-K workbook we had. (Thomas is in Pre-K stuff and it's about the right speed for him.) So, today I bought a first grade workbook for Judah. I figured it would give him more of a challenge. I also decided, from now on, to have him skip naps and do a second round of school while Thomas and Gideon are sleeping. He usually doesn't nap anymore anyway unless he's super tired. So, today we started the new workbook. He went through 11 pages. He did great on 9 and good on 2. This is definitely more his speed. Even this is a bit like review because he is already starting to read but it's good. They have interesting and fun exercises for him to do and he enjoyed those. I also bought stickers today so they can put them on a completed paper. He was excited about the stickers as well. He would have kept going but I told him we needed to save some for tomorrow. LOL We were working on beginning consonant sounds and today we did B-N. I'm guessing tomorrow he'll talk me into finishing the alphabet. The only letters he had trouble matching the sounds on were G and N. :):):) (and I was only going to do 2 pages today. LOL ) He is like a home school mother's dream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great with Judah and all:)

Christy Fritz said...

so with you on getting back on track... and EVERYONE pitching in. most of the time I can tell who did what cause it's on their rug...but often times someone still has to help clara, and it isn't always me... and good job judah!!!

DeeAnn said...

We also have to wait to do schoolwork until the little ones are down for nap. It's a good thing Emily can start to do a lot independently because I have been taking a nap with Lily when I put her to sleep. Hmmm, I wonder why?