Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sorry

Sorry that it's been a few days. Things have been a bit hectic here. BUT, our household is thriving since we got back on schedule. The boys are once again in the habit of cleaning up and not just after themselves. You see, I don't buy the whole, "I didn't make the mess so I'm not cleaning it up" thing. Sometimes that is necessary to teach a lesson but more often than not I don't let that comment go. I usually remind whoever that we are a FAMILY and families help each other out. I also point out that I clean LOTS of things around the house that are not MY messes. I explain that families work together and that's just part of being a family. I usually then sing the section of the Bob the Builder theme song that says, "working together we get the job done!" By then they are usually on board with a comment such as, "will you clean with us and we can see how fast we can go?"

I grew up so self centered. I did like to vacuum and dust but usually I was trying to figure out how people could benefit me not how I could be a part of a functioning family unit. All relationship training starts with the family. I want my children to know they are a valuable part of our family and are also actively contributing to it; just as I want them to know that they are a valuable part of the kingdom family and are contributing to that as well. :):) I figure that if they always do chores (as soon as they are able) then there will be a lot less mutiny. Don't get me wrong we still have those days too but more and more I see our kids excited to do chores with me and Michael and they especially love it when we are all "working together to get the job done"- sorry couldn't resist.

I hope this made sense. I'm EXHAUSTED! Good night, sleep tight and don't bite the bedbugs! -haha

No comments: