Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Vacation Countdown ...4 DAYS!!

Can you tell I'm still excited? I was always an excitable child and it doesn't seem to have changed much since I entered adulthood years ago. LOL That's okay. Well, most of the time it is unless I let my expectations get too high and then am crushed when reality hits. Although I'm doing better at that lately too.
I had a new friend over today. She brought her little girl. Maggie is from Brazil originally. She has been here for 4 years. She met her husband when he came to Brazil on a missions trip and then married him 1 year later and moved to America. She's an amazing, vibrant, woman. Megan is her 15 month old little girl. She is adorable and shy. She did play but always looked over to make sure Mamai (mom in Portuguese) was still in the room.
I had fun learning about Maggie's culture and also about when she met Fred (her husband) as well as hearing about when she met Jesus.
She said that she met Jesus when she was 25 and then prayed that God would chose a husband for her since she didn't have a good track record with that. She met Fred when she was 38. I was blessed to hear of a woman who waited for God's best and then not only met him in a neat way but married an American and moved here. Wow! God is SO BIG! He can send the right mate from anywhere! I have another friend who met her husband on the way home from a missions trip on an airplane. He was coming home from a missions trip in another country. The corresponded for a year and saw each other twice before they got married. Wow! Again God had them meet in such a neat way. He was from Seattle, WA and she was from Akron, Ohio. Isn't God amazing?!! I think so!

The boys and I are all packed for the trip. We just need to buy PB &J and snack foods and we'll be all set. Just four more days till we roll out of here and actually get to spend- GASP- 9 days together!!! WOW!

Blessings!- Angela :)

4 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

Hey Angela, Well I did not get to go bathing suite shopping with the girls. They had to change the date to Saturday b/c of Nathan's and Tonya's grandmother's funeral. I also had a sick husband that would not have liked watching the kidos by himself. They had a great time. DeeAnn told me all about it at church and I talked to Catrina on the phone this week.

As far as my weight loss I have had a set back. My Hypothyroidism started acting up about 3 weeks ago. This makes me GAIN weight. My doctor had to change my meds and I am now feeling MUCH better. I am now back on the diet trail and feel better. Truthfully, I am scared to step on the scales b/c of the thyroid thing. I have probably GAIN weight instead of lossing but the book I am reading on my conditions warns me not to get in a hurry about losing weight b/c it is a difficult thing to do with that disease. Thanks for asking and reading.....

DeeAnn said...

Got your am snacks separated from your pm snacks? I'm just teasing. I'm so happy for y'all, and a litle jealous. Hey, I know Maggie, too. Well, I've met her but I don't think she knows me by name. She would probably recognize me. Are y'all going to FAC now or Central?

Christy Fritz said...

You know Ashley Ott lives in Brazil now with her Argentinian husband... She is in Sao Jose dos Campos... I wonder if it is anywhere near where Maggie is from... Sienna is almost fluent in Portuguese now
Have a GREAT vacation!

musicmommy3 said...

Christy,

That would be interesting to find out if they were anywhere near Maggie's old city.
That's great about Sienna. Kids really DO learn so fast!
Did she have a girl or a boy?