Monday, June 25, 2007

Calling All Homeschool Moms or Ladies Who Know Moms Who Homeschool or Just Really Creative People!! :):)

I want y'all to add your ideas into the comments. Let's see how many crazy things we can come up with....


YOU MIGHT BE A HOME SCHOOL MOM IF....

1. You buy M & Ms to use for Math class and/or learning colors.

2. When you're in the car you ask your kids to find letters on signs or colors outside.

3. You ask you kids if they want their lunch sandwiches cut into triangles or rectangles. :)

4. You get to pray before each school session and don't have to worry about the ACLU!!!!

5. You serve the kids waffles in four sections and see if they can make a circle.

6. You make pancakes in the shape of letters every time they learn a new sound in school. (this is very popular here and I'm convinced it's one of the only reasons Thomas is finally learning his letters/sounds. We're eating a lot of pancakes around here.)

7. You find yourself stressing beginning sounds of words in casual conversation. For example... Good Job Judah! Hey JJJJJOB and JJJJUDAH start with the same letter!!!

Ok it's getting late. Someone else add some. :):) Have Fun!!
Blessings!- Angela :)

5 comments:

Tonya said...

you know you're a homeschool mom who went to public school when she was a kid when your 8 year old knows 10 times more geography than you do. Or when your 9 year old does the math problems right and you do them wrong. sigh. I'm so glad I get to go *back* to school. Only I'm sort of my own teacher now.

Jane said...

I guess I fall into the creative people roll.... I do many of these things with kids in my life, even though I have none of my own!

Catrina said...

when flushing the toilet and wahing the dishes and cleaning the shower becomes a science lesson.

Anonymous said...

When everything is a counting game. 1 towel plus 1 towel hanging up is 2. How many socks are 'white while folding laundry. Count your cookies and your sisters cookies for me.

musicmommy3 said...

Rachel,
What happened to your blog? I can't get on and I miss the updates on your life. !!