Thursday, June 21, 2007

Funny Boys

I have the world's greatest kids. They are so funny and creative.
This morning I was in the kitchen finishing up waffles per Judah's request. I didn't make the waffles from scratch. I used a whole wheat mix but I did make the syrup from scratch and also....chocolate syrup to make chocolate milk per Thomas' request. More on that later.
So I was just finishing up and in comes Judah. He says to me, "This is a hotel."
I laughed and said OK. So I played along.

Me- Did you sleep well last night sir?

J- (giggling) yes

Me- Did you find your bed comfortable?

J- Yes.

Me- We are having waffles this morning.

J- Thanks cooker-lady.

Me (laughing) - could you go get your friend for breakfast? It's ready.

J runs off to get Thomas. He comes back with both Thomas and Gideon who follows them around everywhere.

Thomas starts a question with "Mom-"
Judah immediately cuts him off with, "It's not Mom. It's cooker -lady. "
Thomas looks confused but senses there is a game going on. I explain the game to him. He smiles.
Then they ask if they can eat on the back porch like a picnic. I get the blanket set up and tell them to please have a seat. I also put Gideon's highchair out there with them. This is the first time in WEEKS Gideon was actually happy to be put in his high chair. Even he enjoyed the novelty.

Me- Here you go sirs. Our special this morning is waffles with homemade syrup and also homemade chocolate milk.

Boys- Thank-you cooker-ma'am.

Me- what an adorable baby you have there. :):)

Boys- laugh and start to eat.

Me- Let me bring you some napkins. Enjoy your meal.

Boys- Thanks cooker-lady.

Then a few minutes later I hear them calling me. They want to know if the hotel pool will be available later. LOL I told them I would try to clean it out and get it ready for them. I probably wouldn't have done that today if we weren't playing "hotel" and I didn't want to destroy the game for them. But, I'm all for creativity so they will get their pool time later.
Hope that everyone has a blessed day! - Angela :) aka cooker-lady

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. They are so imaginative.Keep up with the stories.

Jane said...

Hey cooker lady... can I have some muffins for breakfast? It's not hard to see that they got your creative story telling skills skills. Thanks for sharing!

Catrina said...

Too cute, I'll have to remember that nick name for future use with my own boys