Friday, June 22, 2007

Gardening Lessons

I'm not actually giving lessons on how to garden. I only remotely know what I'm doing at this point by advice from friends and Internet info.



What I'm talking about here is what I learn when I'm in my garden. God seems to speak to me every single time. It's amazing. He wants to do that all day long. :) This is especially encouraging for mothers with small children who are swamped during the day. Just keep your ears open and your Father will find many teachable moments to speak to you. :):)



Anyway, back to the garden...



Lesson #1- Weeds- get rid of them.

Just like weeds choke out the life of a plant anything that isn't godly chokes my spiritual life. I'm not talking about salvation here. I am talking about how I grow in the Lord. If I am permitting any little sinful indulgence in my life then I am robbing myself of growth. Get rid of the weeds.



Lesson #2- Rain is a GOOD thing.

Our garden really started to take off after the few good rain showers we had. Also, I planted a few more things today and the difference today and 6 weeks ago was NIGHT and DAY! 6 weeks ago we hadn't had rain for a long time. The ground was SO difficult to break. Today it turned right over. It was so easy. Soaking in God's rain will keep my soil workable. I will be more easily dug up and more usable. I will be more ready to hold the seeds God is trying to plant in my heart. I want to have moist soil in my heart for Jesus. The Holy Spirit loves to rain on all who ask.



Lesson #3- God is such a DILIGENT God

I was thinking today how the weeds I pulled last week were back today. As I was pulling I was thinking about how our Gardener tends our hearts. He is always diligently looking for the weeds that will choke out the life inside of us. Even when it hurts (me) for Him to remove something from me it is because He loves me and wants me to grow as MUCH as I can grow. He really is good. He really is faithful. He never rests. He is always concerned about us and hoeing, pulling, watering, and shining on our lives.

Thank-you faithful God!!!



"He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it."



Blessings!- Angela :)

No comments: