Friday, June 29, 2007

Our Day

Today our day was sort of Blah! I'm still not over the extreme exhaustion due to this thing that's still hanging on (BUT must GO in the Name of Jesus!!!) so it was a productive/unproductive/productive day.
(disclaimer- we don't always allow so much TV/ computer games every day!- LOL )



I got woke up around 7 am to the cutest 18 month old in the world trotting over to climb into bed with me for his beloved morning nursing time. OK I love it too. I am really going to miss nursing when he weans. :):) (Oh, just for the record I made it to the 6 year mark. I have been pregnant and/or nursing for 6 years straight now!! WOW! Since June of 2001. Amazing. ) Anyway, I drug myself out of bed and gave them a snack. Then realizing that chips and fruit snacks are lunch food made them PB & J sandwiches for breakfast and told them they could have cereal for lunch. We don't always have chips but when we do they want them first thing in the morning. So, sometimes we reverse meals. (lunch for breakfast, etc) Then I laid around and finished the Dee Henderson book I was reading "Before I Wake". It was a good one. I like Christian suspense novels. Speaking of which I CAN'T WAIT till July 2nd. I will be at the Christian bookstore early that morning to buy Terri Blackstock's new one that comes out on July 1. YEAH!

OK back to our day....so I read for a bit and Gid nursed again. :) If I lay down he thinks we're supposed to nurse. The boys were playing games on their computer that doesn't work most of the time but that does work every once in a while. I pried them away after much too long. I got engrossed in the book ( I was almost finished) and didn't realize what time it was. Oops.

Then they helped me straighten up the living room, unload the dishwasher, make the beds, and I folded 1 1/2 loads of laundry. I also started another load. I was too tired to do much after this so I actually let them watch TV so I could rest. After that we did school for a bit. School today consisted of.... Thomas: played with Little Leap going through the Alphabet sounds 2 times. Then came over and read an alphabet book with Mommy. Judah read 2 new beginning reader books that I got him. He is really enjoying learning to read.

Gideon actually played instead of fussed while we were doing that. That was really nice.

I nursed Gid and put him down for a nap while the boys played in the living room. I wasn't sure what they were doing until I came down the stairs. I almost laughed out loud but I actually had to tell them to keep it down. They were laughing at themselves. Here was the "game" they invented. For background let me just say that Michael and Richard (our driver) sometimes meet dogs who are vicious while they are on the route. Michael has always used dog bones as a deterrent because dogs generally like him (although he was bit on the backside once while trying to jump into the back of the truck with the garbage. -ROFL!!!) recently he also carried Pepper Spray for the more dangerous pooches. However, Michael loves dogs and hardly EVER used pepper spray. Richard however doesn't have the same rapore with dogs and was using the pepper spray liberally. It was costing us too much money and we were worried about him squirting himself so we got him an electronic dog thing. It sends off a pulse that hurts their ears. It's non toxic and quite effective. Plus, we only had to buy ONE of those and it doesn't run out.

Anyway, the boys were playing "dog". One of them had a small piece of the train track in his pocket and the other was the dog. The dog would approach the boy and the boy would take out the "electronic dog thing" (the track ) and make a LOUD beeping noise. Then the "dog" would run away across the room. LOL It was truly something to watch. They were never doing it meanly. It was all matter of fact. It was really funny but too loud so I had to put a stop to it.

They had cereal for lunch and then they laid down. Thomas to take a nap and Judah to rest. I scarfed a little down and then grabbed some ice cream and went back to the computer. The boys didn't settle down until Gid woke up so I didn't get a break today. Thomas also woke up EARLY from his nap so the afternoon dragged. We watched Design on a Dime together. LOL and then went downstairs where the boys played and I tried to rest but finally had to go make some coffee. I couldn't keep my eyes open. Michael came back from his route and took Thomas with him to deliver a garbage can to a new customer and pick up cans of some people who are cancelling.

Judah, Gideon, and I went outside for a little bit. We came back in at 4:00pm so that I could start dinner. I made stuffed peppers. It was great. I haven't had those for awhile. :):) I enjoyed making and eating them. I am really glad for the oven in our basement during the summer because I can bake without heating the house up. Yeah! We had salad to go with the peppers and the boys had fruit for dessert. They actually liked the peppers. I almost had a stroke. They normally don't like rice and meat mixed with things like onions. So, dinner was a success. I was also glad to feed my husband something relatively healthy and substantial considering he had had the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack; a coke, a goo-goo bar, and a small bag of chips. YUCK!!

After dinner Michael had to go back down to work so the boys got lucky and watched a little more of a video and I cleaned the kitchen. Then the boys came down and I turned on some worship music and we danced before the Lord. That was great fun. Michael joined us at the end and somehow the boys went from dancing to wrestling. LOL BOYS!! We played keep away with a fabric ball and then I put the baby to bed while Michael got the other two relatively settled. I read aloud "Hind's Feet" to them (Michael, Judah, and Thomas). They all fell asleep and here I am. That was our day.



Hope that everyone has a GREAT weekend! BLESSINGS!-Angela :)

No comments: