Friday, August 17, 2007

I JUST HAD THE BEST MORNING!

We spent all morning working on learning how to count MONEY. Since the boys are making a little money here and there I thought it was about time to teach them how to count it. Plus, it will just reinforce the whole counting by 1s, 5s, and 10s that we learned during school in the last 2 weeks. Judah (almost without help) cna now count to 100 by 1s, 5s, and 10s. Thomas can do it with a fair amount of prompting. (I don't worry about him though since he's only 4.)



So, I raided Michael's money jar and set out 100 pennies, 10 dimes, 20 nickles, 4 quarters and a dollar bill. Then we learned how to count each type of coin up to a dollar. We then played games where I would give them a coin and tell them to find the equal amount using other coins. They did pretty well, with some help of course. :):) After that we opened up their workbooks to the money section and Judah and Thomas did 7 and 4 pages respectively.

When they were finished they took off upstairs for a short TV break and I got to play with the MOST ADORABLE toddler on the planet who had just spent the morning in his new playpen next to us. (We tossed him some toys every once in a while and talked to him when he got fussy.) Gid and I played ball, tickle, chase, and cover the toddler with kisses.

It was a great morning. Now for the afternoon....exercise, clean bathrooms, shower, get the kids outside, and dinner. WHEW! I'd better get started!



Blessings!- Angela :)

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I am enjoying catching up with you, and reading your Back to Homeschool Week posts!

You guys just have so much fun at your house. :) It's heartwarming.

Tonya said...

Oh, you're such a homeschool mom! :):):)

Way to go, Judah!