Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm Still Alive

Hello everyone!! I'm sorry that it's been a week since my last entry. Whew! Where has the week gone???? OH, that's right! Cleaning, homeschool, taking care of kids, cooking, etc.

Here is what the new schedule looks like...

7:30- Wake up and nurse Gideon.
(YES! MY CHILDREN HAVE FINALLY LEARNED TO SLEEP PAST 5:30 or 6:00am so I'm not going to set an alarm for now. I'm enjoying this after 5 years of waking up TOO early for my body.) The boys bring Gideon to me and I just nurse him while trying to wake up. It's so nice. Yesterday they came down the stairs and showed me that they had even dressed him. He was wearing one of Judah's shirts. "I shared Mommy!" SO sweet. What was even cuter was the song they made up and were singing to him as they came into the room. It was something about a superbaby. I wish I had been awake enough to get the videon camera but it was in the basement and I wasn't feeling that spunky yet.

Ok, back to the schedule....

8:00-8:30- Boys watch Flying House on TV while I exercise.

8:30 - breakfast

8:45ish- (cereal doesn't take very long) clean up and start chores. The chores depend on the day. I have them broken up so that no day is overwhelming.

Btwn 9:30 and 10:00- start school
Subjects depend on the day.

Mondays- Reading/language arts (for Judah, phonics for Thomas) and writing letters (both)

Tuesdays- Math (they are both on beginning addition) and writing numbers

Wednesdays-Reading and History (we're reading out of an old school book of my mom's and sometimes we act out what we have learned. Right now we're studying American Indians.)

Thursdays- Math and Geography (learning the states slowly)

Fridays- This differs from week to week. We are going to purchase a science and a social studies curriculum probably at the end of this year. For now it includes whatever we need to work on and sometimes a science experiment, etc. Sometimes we skip Fridays. Since we go through the summer we will still be OK on the 180 days thing.

We finish up between 11:00am and 12:00am
Then we usually go outside until time for lunch. Or, we fix lunch if it's already 12:00.

btwn 12:30 and 1:00pm- start naps. (Judah just rests for 1-2 hours) This is when I take my break. I try NOT to do any work during naps. I need a break by that point. This is my down time. I usually try to eat lunch during this time so at least once per day I can eat a meal in peace. LOL This is also the time where I spend time with God (when I remember- sad isn't it), blog, or sleep. It varies from day to day.


They wake up btwn 2:00 and 3:00 and it's outside till time to make dinner.

It's flexible enough to accommodate breakfast going longer (and it usually does) and also we can go longer or shorter depending on what we need to do with school. Next year when we "officially" begin we will have to fill 4 1/2 hours a day with school (according to the law). I guess we will be doing lots of projects and add music and art to the mix (Bible will be added in a few weeks. I'm writing my own lessons for that.) We certainly don't need to make Language or Math take longer. Judah is already about 1 - 1 1/2 grades ahead and Thomas is already doing Kindergarten work in Phonics and first grade work in Math. (he's only 4) We'll go on lots of nature walks and field trips etc.
Well I gotta go. Breakfast is supposed to be over and I need to get them started. LOL

BLESSINGS!

2 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

Hey sista friend. Hope your doing well!

Tonya said...

Sounds great:). You are so nice and organized. Formal school will be breeze for you.