Friday, August 3, 2007

I Just Wanted To Say

While my last post seemed harsh and graceless it really wasn't. I certainly don't want parents beating themselves up because they can't attain perfect parenting. None of us can and I CERTAINLY can't!!! (believe me I've tried)

I just wanted to give a little word of encouragement that the Holy Spirit gave me a few years ago when I myself was caught in the striving mode....

"Do what you can in love; instead of trying to do everything perfectly in anger."

Once I (mostly) got out of the striving mode I was able to start moving toward excellence without the condemnation.

That's all I was basically saying. Keep working toward excellence without the burden of perfectionism. :):)

Blessings!- Angela :)

3 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

Hey sista, like the new lay out of the blog! very pretty.

Catrina said...

I think you and Christy are both right, I can see both your hearts, good post.

Tonya said...

Good posts and I agree! I'm off to check the other blog. I have been such a blog-checking slacker lately. No time.