Thursday, October 18, 2007

Non Confrontational Post

This is for those who only want to keep up with my life and not my thoughts. LOL

Saddle up DeeAnn...cuz this one's for YOU baby!

Tonight our boys had their first football game. The season (games) actually started the day after we left for Cali, last month, but this is the first one our boys have gotten to play. Their team, the Raiders, had 4 games while they were gone. The boys were REALLY upset about this by the way. They wanted to be here for the games. (Hopefully that whole team spirit and responsibility to commitments will stick with them as they get older. ) I'm tending to babble tonight...bear with me.
So, after we returned to Georgia, their first two games were rained out. BIG BUMMER for the boys. They almost cried, both times.
Today, they suited up as I bit my fingernails because the sky looked like it could open at any minute. However, it didn't rain so they got to PLAY. Judah got a touchdown for his team and Thomas ran some amazing yardage, just barely missing a touchdown, at one point. They were both proud of themselves and they had so much fun!! I WISH WISH WISH I had brought the video camera but I was afraid that it would rain and then I would have brought it for nothing. :( My bad.
The funny part of the whole thing was Thomas' reactions to stuff. This was part of my and Thomas' conversation as we were putting on our shoes to leave for the game.

Me- You have to play REALLY well tonight. Be TOUGH. Play hard. You're playing another team tonight.

Thomas- Why?

Me- So you can see who will win.

Thomas- Why?

M- Just try to score as many points as you can.

T- Why?

M- Because that's what you do in a game.

T- Why?

Me- (giving up and laughing) Just have fun and play hard, okay.

T- Okay!

LOL- After he almost got the touchdown he didn't even seem like he realized it. He turned around, stuck his finger in his mouth, and walked the ball back to his team. It was hilarious.
Judah, who is much more competitive and tends NOT to have his head stuck in a cloud somewhere, was STOAKED after his touchdown.

For those of you who are concerned... I'm not teaching my boys that winning is everything. BUT, if you play- PLAY TO WIN! If you lose but you gave it everything you had then that's perfectly OK. If you lost because you didn't try, then that's not good because you weren't giving something your all. :)
Don't everyone flame me. I also talk about having FUN!
Winning is FUN! LOL Just, Sort of, Kidding!!
Ok, at this point in the post it is OBVIOUS that I need to go to bed. Goodnight, Sleep tight, and don't bite the bedbugs!- Angela :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

no flaming here.... I think it is good for there to be a loosing team...makes ya work for it! Not EVERYONE gets to be first. Life stinks that way....but it is life.

Jane said...

left a comment for you at tonights post on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the boys enjoy playing. Great job boys. Sorry you missed so many games due to vacation and rain. I'll pray you don't have rain on game nights. Have fun.

Christy Fritz said...

I am glad they had fun...:)
I am Thomas through and through. I never had a clue what the big fuss was all about, I just thought sports was another oppurtunity to see friends. Until I was on my older brother's volleyball team once. I somehow got that there was a reason to win at that point. :)