Thursday, October 18, 2007

One Last Thing

I feel I'd be remiss in not posting this since I have posted things I have come across on the other side. So, this is the last one on this for awhile. I said in my last post that "The sad part is that a lot of the blogs from the EC don't hold the Scripture as relevant to "today's culture" and are putting strange spins on the Word of God. "

Here is an EC church's web site I found tonight that laid out their creed as well as some other really great stuff. Here's the link...check them out. http://thenakedchurch.net/ You can click on WE BELIEVE to read their creed.
I SO much respect their desire to meet people where they are at (Like Jesus when he ate in the homes of the tax collectors, etc.). I also respect their desire to reach out to the poor (Another big thing I see God telling us to do.).
I love authenticity so I thought the whole NAKED thing was great too. :) Click on the NAKED link. It's worth reading.
Also, since I am a very creative and artsy person by nature that side was neat too. :)
My point here is to not only be fair (to them) but also to be selective in adopting something. I wouldn't go for the EC church as a whole because they/I have great differences in Biblical interpretation but I WILL say that their lifestyle of being the church where they are at, building relationships, reaching the "unlovely", and the humility in their speech when they say that they are on a spiritual journey and don't have the Bible all figured out yet seems, to me, to be right on the money. :) In fact, reading the website reminded me a whole lot of... Jesus.

OK I'm done! Blessings everyone! Love, Angela :)

2 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

great site! thanks for sharing!

Christy Fritz said...

that was one of the first sites that got our homegroup started on the ec topic.( and makeesha's blog.) that, and a bit of research i'd done on rob bell after reading velvit elvis. i think starting there, possibly gave me a different perspective of the "movement" going in.
lakeforest.org... our church website, although, not emerging per se, does have alot on missional theology and the misseo dei (mission of god). just in case your interested.:) i really like the term "missional" because it most clearly brings to focus for me, that god is on a mission, and i just need to join it by letting jesus live through me. that's hard for me. so this has been a real "growing" season for josh and i. i am positive it is why god has us in this body,and i am so thankful for that.