Friday, March 7, 2008

Hilarious Child Training story!

OK, so yesterday I wrote a post and then got to practice it. LOL
(I think God does that to keep us humble.)

So, here's the story. It's really funny....

We went outside yesterday afternoon (PRAISE GOD!!!!! My house was getting DESTROYED!) and the boys were eating Popsicles (a rare treat). Thomas was eating a Popsicle and carrying a ball around at the same time. He tried to go up the stairs to the porch and tripped. Judah was standing next to where he had tripped and, instead of helping him up, he tried to kick the ball out of his arms. It was just because he "could". :( I took a deep breath (I HATE to see people hurt when they are down or picked on if they are weaker so I was trying not to scream. I'm getting better.I tend to yell if I'm not super careful.) and called Judah over and told him to sit next to me. Judah came. I said something like," Judah, what you just did is very disturbing to me. Instead of helping your brother when he was hurt you kicked him when he was down." He just looked at me like he was possibly thinking about what I had just said. I called Thomas back and said to him, "Fall down again." Thomas looked at me like I might be losing it. :) So, I told him again, "Fall down Thomas but don't get hurt." He started to smile but he did it. I looked at Judah and said, "now, go help your brother up." He went over and dutifully helped him up. Thomas realized this could be a game. He fell down again and BOTH Gideon (who had been watching the whole thing) and Judah came to "help" him up. That started a good half hour of the brothers running to help each other up. It was quite funny to watch 3 "toughies" who normally fall down, bleed, get up themselves and don't cry, waiting for the others to help them up. :)

Then, something went terribly wrong. I noticed they started fighting over who would help the baby up. LOL "I'll get him!" "NO! I'll get him!" As they ran, arguing, to see who would get there first.

Funny as it was I noticed that even in their "serving" they were still drawn to selfishness. The whole point of the thing was to get them to think of others and they were still thinking of themselves. LOL

I guess I have more work to do. :):):)


It was REALLY funny!!

Thought I'd share with everyone.

Blessings!- Angela :)

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

We always get a chance to practice what we preach right after we preach it, don't we? Boys are just competitive by nature. From a mom of all girls! LOL. Of course my hubby comes from a family of all boys(4) so I'm not totally ignorant.

Brenda said...

OK, so you KIND OF got the lesson across! Leave it to the little ones to make it more complicated! That's funny!