Monday, March 10, 2008

Self Tag-haha

One of the fabulous women I read (Jane on my sidebar) has issued a tag for whomever wants to do it. Since I have a few moments and this one looked interesting I'll do it. :)

First you are supposed to post the rules and, being the rule follower that I am, here they are:

1) Link to the person who tagged you. (I STILL cannot figure out how to link without the who address. I would like to use a word or a name but don't know how. Somebody help me please!!)

2) Post the rules.

3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.

4) Tag at least three people.

5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

I got this one from Jane (You'll have to click on my sidebar to get the link-SORRY!)


1. I can't stand feet.

I get REALLY grossed out if I have to sit next to someone's feet. Feet are yucky! I don't even want my husband to sit his feet next to me.
No, this does not cause a prob during "you know what". (There are more important things going on at that time. Probably TMI- too much information- but there HAD to be someone out there thinking that!!)

2. I don't like to make lunch for my family. Lunch somehow irritates me. It's almost like I think, "break time"! oops- not for me. lol

The really good thing is that my boys LOVE PB&J sandwiches. They have probably gotten that for lunch 99 percent of their lives. The funny thing is that every so often I figure they must be tired of it and die to myself and offer to make something else. They almost always respond with, "No, I want a PB &J sandwich."
Yes I use the all natural peanut butter (peanuts and salt baby!!) and the fruit spreads with no added sugar.

3. When eating cake I still scrape off all the frosting and eat it last in one (or two if I'm really lucky) big bite. That's the best part and I save it for last.

My dad saw me do this when I turned 18 or 19 and asked me if I was actually still doing that. I replied that I never intend to stop. I'm 31 and I still do it so the chances of doing it till I die are pretty good. :)

4. I really can't believe that I'm admitting this because people will be laughing at me for DAYS but here it is...you know the cake thing...well, when I'm eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (after all- what other flavor is there?) I put a bite in my mouth, suck off all the ice cream around the cookie dough bites, slip the bites back out of my mouth onto my spoon, and place them back into the bowl to eat last. I like to save the best part for last. :)

I only do this when nobody but my husband and kids are around BTW.

5. I can sleep anywhere if I'm tired.

Case and point- one time during high school I was SO tired from all the extra curricular activities that I went into the choir robe room, took two hard plastic choir chairs, pushed them together, laid down, and FELL ASLEEP on that uneven, hard, terribly uncomfortable surface. :)

6. Poor grammar skills really bug me.

If I hear someone speaking incorrectly (saying who instead of whom, I'm done instead of I'm finished, there are too many more to list but you get the point) I just CRINGE inside. I cringe when I do it too. :) Thankfully I've learned not to correct the person verbally. That is a sure way to lose friends. :)
p.s. It's really late so DON'T feel free to point out any mistakes I have made in this post. haha!

OK, I tag Ginger, Jenn Kozak, Tia (You can do it after you finish that wonderful series over at your blog. I wouldn't want to break that up.), Christy, Terry, and Tiffany.

Blessings everyone!!
-Angela :)

8 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm right with you on #6. My friends call me a grammar nazi. :)

musicmommy3 said...

I've been called the shoe Nazi because we ask guests to remove their shoes. :)

Jane said...

I love groomed feet!

you aren't the only one with the little cookie pieces in the ice cream!

grammar is my WORST...sorry.

PB&J...the trio that I hang out with, they are under the impression that all I know how to make is PB&J. It's just easy and Janet knows that I would rather play than cook, so she keeps it simple for me.

thanks for playing!

Ashley Dumas said...

I had to laugh at your food peculiarities, I like to lick the salt or flavoring off of chips, doritos etc.. and throw away the chip. I know that it sounds terribly wasteful but I love the salty flavor but I just don't like the potato or corn chip part.
I totally understand the grammar cringes but really as long as you have the rules down that are important to you, don't let grammar slips bother you. : ) Try and think of them as different styles rather than mistakes. As a former grammar cop, it really makes a huge difference to concentrate on the interesting or creative ways that people put their words together even when they don't comply with accepted grammar rules. There was a great documentary about the various ways English is spoken in the world and it left me with more curiosity about why certain 'mistakes' are made as well as what geographical/cultural factors affect word usage.
Oh and by the way, living with an Argentinian husband and having a super southern brother has helped me focus on 'what' is being said rather than 'how' it is said. : ) : )

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Okay well I see I have been tagged now so I will work on this after we get done with school today. :)

Catrina said...

Okay you grammar Nazis are making me feel scared to put another word down. Just please, oh please don't judge my ignorance to harshly. lol

musicmommy3 said...

You mean "too harshly". :P

I have never corrected anyone via blog comment (until just now and I'm thinking you just threw that out to see if I would) that I know of. Most of the time I just get irritated when I read my own over, late at night, and realize that a comma should have gone here, a different puctuation mark there, could have been worded more correctly, etc. :)

Feel free to post normally. You can always get me on my spelling. :)

Elspeth said...

I answered your tag. Thought you'd want to know!