Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sleeping "Babies"

I love to watch my children sleep. I think that is a universal parent thing. It begins when they are just born and you stare and stare at them. It's mind blowing to believe that God knits these precious things together in our wombs and they are just so intricate. Then, if you are "blessed" with a very colicky baby- you stare at him while he is asleep and think, "Oh, you're so beautiful when you're not screaming...and even when you are."
As they become toddlers you stare at them and think, "I cannot believe you are not a baby anymore. Where does the time go?" As they grow a little older and near the age 3 mark you stare and kiss their little cheeks and think, "I can't believe my baby is rowing up to be such a big boy!" Then, when they are 5 or 6 you stare at them and think how beautiful they are and how nice that it is QUIET in the house.

I'll bet that you can't guess what I was doing tonight. :grin:

No comments: