Tuesday, April 28, 2009

DATE NIGHTS

Every once in a while I like to take all the boys out separately. Judah goes with me, then Thomas, and then Gideon. This is especially helpful when we are having lots of discipline issues. :) It's a chance to reconnect and tie some heart strings. The older boys LOVE to go to the local coffee shop. They call it "the pretzel place". It's really named the Perk Up. They call it the pretzel place because this shop has the best soft pretzels in town and sometimes, on special occasions, I take them there and get them each one, or one to split. The other draw for them is that there are board games you can play. The boys love this. Those pretzel shop owners sure are smart. ;)

Here's how the date nights came about this time...
We (Judah and I) were having a terrible time on Tuesday. His behavior was horrid. My attitude was horrid. It was not good. So, I decided that we needed a date. We ate together at Quincy's and then went to the Perk Up to play games. That's when he fell in love with Monopoly. We had a great time. Our relationship needed it. :) He had just finished his second grade math book that day and I said it was a celebration!! We went by Walmart on the way home (of course) to pick up a few things and he bought Monopoly with some of his birthday money he had saved. (I can't even save money for 2months!!! He's an awesome kid!)

So, Thomas was REALLY wanting to go on a date to "The Pretzel Place". However, he still had 24 pages left to do in his Math book. Wouldn't you know that the child sat down and did them ALL in one day on Friday!! He was SO DETERMINED!!! It was impressive. Normally he is DONE after 2 pages. For real. His eyes start glazing over, etc. hehe TWENTY FOUR PAGES!!!!! So, we went out to celebrate together. Here are pictures from the date.

YEAH! It's my turn now!! We're playing Candyland while we wait for our food. :)


Special hot chocolate!


My attention span is much shorter than Judah's. Let's play a different game!


Chutes and Ladders will be a good choice I think.


We ate sandwiches and drank our drinks. We also shared a soft pretzel- of course. :)


I think this was our fourth game after Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and a very brief partial game of Monopoly. Connect Four!


The boy actually beat me twice!!! I was so ashamed!! I was also proud of him. :)

We had so much fun!! So did Judah and I. Gideon is counting down the days till he can go with me. I think we will skip the coffee house though. We'll do something like the park for our date night. :)

Blessings everyone!-
Angela :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww - looks like you all had a great time! Great photos!

Miss ya chica!
Amy

Lea said...

That's great. We really need to start doing something like that at our house.

MamaMahnken said...

Aww...that's so cool! And 24 pages - the boy is a MANIAC, LOL :D I love it!

Julie said...

Looks like a great day! :)